Katniss Everdeen is just a regular teenage girl. Yeah, right, pffft. Instead of living a carefress life, Katniss is the one that is relied on to bring food and other essentials into the family home. Her mother is distant and aloof since the death of her father leaving Katniss to care for her and her younger sister Prim.
Katniss lives in District 12 of the nation Panem. It is the furthest district away from the Capitol where decisions are made and wealth is accrued. Leaving District 12 and it’s citizens poverty stricken.
We meet Katniss on the morning of the reaping. The reaping is the first stage in an extraordinary competition devised by the Capitol. It is designed to show all citizens of Panem that the Capitol is in control and it is also designed to remind the citizens of past sacrifices and atrocities. In the reaping one boy and one girl are chosen to represent their district. 24 “tributes” travel to the Capitol and enter “The Hunger Games” – Only one will leave the competition.
On the morning of the reaping, a name is chosen to represent district twelve that shocks Katniss to the core and puts her life on an entirely different path than she hoped.
Violent, Bloody, Creepy dystopian with heart-warming, endearing characters that you will fall in love with straight away.
- The Hunger Games (whatsscoutreading.wordpress.com)
- Hunger Games By: Suzanne Collins (ireaditblog.wordpress.com)
- The Hunger Games Review by a new reader (jemmapayne.com)
- The Hunger Games – Book Review (detectivemaxxzeqsterscreepycrawlyamazingadventures.wordpress.com)
- The Hunger Games…A Book Review! (jewellbooks.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: The Hunger Games (musingsofanaspiringscribbler.wordpress.com)